More About the Cognashene Community Church
The Cognashene Community Church was established in 1906 when local cottagers began to hold Sunday worship services at various cottages through the summer season. The Church moved to its permanent location in the late 1950's when Louis and Sara Breithaupt donated the land on the Freddy Channel. More recently, an adjacent lot was acquired and developed as a memorial garden for many former cottagers.
Besides worship on Sundays and the occasional weddings, the site is used for community events such as the CCA Annual Meeting, as well as the Recreation program’s Kinders crafts and boating classes.
Coganshene Community Church 2016 Summer Service Roster
Look up this year’s exciting lineup of ministers who will be visiting us at the Church on the Rocks in our 2016 CCC Roster.pdf.